Branching into the future
New Playland Nursery School has been serving the Mississauga city center area for over 30 years.
First, to provide a safe, healthy, stimulating environment and care of good quality for the children we serve. Secondly, to provide a program and environment that will focus on children’s social, emotional, physical, creative and cognitive development in a holistic way.
Drawing from the Ministry of Education’s guiding document, “How Does Learning Happen?“, our pedagogy is based on four foundations: belonging, engagement, expression and well-being. A child who belongs, feels engaged, can express oneself and feels good, is a child who can learn and develop optimally. We view children as competent, capable of complex thinking, curious, and rich in potential, and, therefore, take our cue from the children in forming our curriculum. This “emergent curriculum” is play-based, but includes set learning objectives.
Our program is based on a hands-on, free choice approach to learning. The room is set up to cover many interest areas (science, music, art, movement, dramatic play, fine motor / manipulative) and the children are free to choose an activity of interest to them. The monthly and weekly activity programs for children interests are based on themes.
Our Centre has five classrooms to meet the ever growing and changing needs of the children.
- Toddlers: 10 children ranging in age from 18 Months to 2.5 years old
- Jr. Preschool: 16 children ranging in age from 2.5 to 3< 3.4 months years old
- Sr. Preschool: 16 children ranging in age from 3< 3.4 months to 4 years old
- Kindergarten : 20 Children (Before and Afterschool program / Full Day Day Care on all School Breaks i.e. Summer Break, March Break, P.A. Days), ranging in age from 4 Years to 7 Years.
- School Age: 20 Children (Before and Afterschool program / Full Day Day Care on all School Breaks i.e. Summer Break, March Break, P.A. Days), ranging in age from 7 years to 12 years
Our toddler, pre-school, kindergarten and school age classroom schedules include time for indoor and outdoor play, snacks, lunch, hygiene and structured and unstructured play.
We also offer part time daycare, full time daycare as well as a nursery program that runs 9:00AM to 12:00PM. Please note our nursery program does not run during school breaks i.e. P.A days, summer holidays or winter break.
Get to know us by reading the New Playland Nursery School Parent Handbook.
We accept Region of Peel Childcare Subsidized Program families. Click here to apply.
New Playland Nursery School has been a long time member of Peel Region’s Quality Initiative Program ‘Raising The Bar’. We also have program support staff through Peel Inclusive Resource Supports.